SportCenter

 
All of the news of sport
Other News

Archives
Links

 
Google
 

Find Downline, get $5 for each of it.
 Free Register
Klik Below Banner

Saturday, January 20
I'm no quitter: Shevchenko

STRIKER Andriy Shevchenko has denied accusations he has a special relationship with Chelsea's billionaire Russia owner, Roman Abramovich, which is destabilising the English Premier League champion.

"Those rumours are all lies," the Ukrainian told today's (AEDT) edition of The Times. "A lot of things have been said which aren't true.

"There are things which are written about my relationship with Roman Abramovich which have been over-exaggerated. My relationship with him is the same as every other player.

"We might have a quick word with each other but that is natural as we both speak Russian. Maybe I shouldn't speak Russian."

Shevchenko has scored only five goals this season and manager Jose Mourinho has made veiled references to a lack of effort.

British newspapers have reported that Abramovich's backing for the out-of-form striker is one of several issues which have created a rift with Mourinho, and might persuade the Portugal boss to leave at the end of the season.

Schevchenko said he has no intention of leaving the west London club.

"I have been attacked from all sides but I intend to carry on," he said. "I will grit my teeth. I am not a quitter. I just want to be kept out of the politics."

He also said he accepted Mourinho's decision to leave him on the substitutes' bench for recent matches.

"He's the coach," said Shevchenko. "If he decides I am not capable I just have to work harder. It doesn't matter what I think."

posted by ^%&^ @ 11:49 AM   |
0 Comments:
Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
I'm ^%&^
From


Previous Post
Template by
Free Blog Template by Request
Support by

Add to Netvibes Indonesia Top Blog http://bloggerreviews.blogspot.com :: MalaysiaTopBlogs :: Indonesian TopBlogs Subscribe in NewsGator Online Blogroll.net World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites Blog Top Sites Top Blogs Directory - World Blog Rankings Add to My AOL PageRank Checking Icon Subscribe with Bloglines